Could you benefit from a little more patience, a little more acceptance of what is currently happening in your life? Patience is something most of us wish we had more of. We can get a bit snarly with delay, inconvenience and disappointment.. Snarly, unfortunately only builds frustration, rather than solution. So as Conscious Changemakers what are we to do with these big visions and dreams that may be taking longer than we anticipated? How do we catch our impatience when things go wrong, get delayed or seem thwarted at every turn?
Let’s start with the definition of patience:
To bear misfortune and pain without complaint, loss of temper and irritation… wow, that’s a tall order; no wonder patience is a virtue. But it’s something more – it’s the invitation to harness any frustration, anger and other charged emotions into feeding a productive purpose.
Purpose and patience tie into the whole concept of mindfulness: paying attention in a particular way without judgment. They also tie into synchronicity, self-respect and the radical decision to “be happy now,” before our goals are achieved, problems solved, and that big dream landed. It might sound weird, but it makes sense to choose happiness now; otherwise we’re missing the point…. pursuing goals without a happiness mindset is a life without patience. A life without patience is a life without peace and is doomed to perpetual conflict and suffering.
Our productive purpose then, becomes an immediate choice, that no matter what, we keep going… we keep the faith… we maintain a positive mental attitude at all costs and stay true to our purpose finding the good, the benefit in the challenge, no matter what. .
Patience is a discipline that remembers the bigger picture.
Why? Every challenge or obstacle feeds a productive purpose.
Patience remembers that purpose; it values it.
Patience is fierce determination – it’s the decision made again and again, to drop doubt, disbelief and negative self judgment.
Here’s 7 Tips to harness the power of patience:
- Happiness is a decision – when you decide to be happy all manner of patience, creativity, new ideas, inspiration and possibilities abound
- Use emotional triggers as reminders to feed your productive purpose, to choose peace, happiness, effectiveness, whatever your key word is that lights your fire
- Be kind! Think of Patience as a new habit – it takes time to develop, but step by step it does
- Decide right now on the ideas and mindsets that no longer benefit you – say NO to them! Make them final and irrevocable They’re not allowed!
- Get physical – change your physiology – celebrate success with a physical YES! Cheer to anchor in the new habit
- Understand that when your perspective changes – EVERYTHING changes! Imprint the subconscious with constant pictures of the joy you are creating and feel it.
The benefits of more patience are incalculable; instant relief and peace, worry reduced to a minimum, and a sweet acceptance rather than a resistance to what is. Your mental and emotional energy focus on solutions, not problems; intuition, creativity and innovation are heightened. Live flourishes with more contentment and satisfaction. Too often we ignore the present for the future, and like the caterpillar that becomes a butterfly, we need to enjoy the caterpillar stage… it’s just as important and needed as its next level of evolution. In terms of self discovery and self development, patience is a key factor we cannot ignore.
Cheryl Ann Brewster is highly regarded in her skills as a Business Intuitive, Coach and Speaker. She specializes in supporting those keen to expand personal and professional effectiveness through the power of intuition and soul-centred business practices. To join her mailing list and/or daily inspiration or to learn more, contact her at: TheIntuitiveLife.com.