Like the ABCs of Intuition that are incredibly simple (Aware, Breathe, Connect) to stay present and focused, writing out lists of what you don’t want to clarify what you do want, can appear too simple to bother with. But the benefits are huge and here’s why it’s important to use them on a regular basis:
Benefits of writing your “Don’t Want” List:
1. Instant clarity on what you do want.
2. Self discovery and self knowledge to reveal ineffective patterns and bad habits.
3. Awareness of just long these ineffective choices or patterns have been playing out in your life.
4. Empowerment by being reminded that you do have choice.
5. Awareness of things you didn’t see before.
Benefits of writing your “DO” Want List:
1. Improved vibe and mindset that increase awareness and determination.
2. Improved results by making full use of both sides of the brain (Henriette Anne Klauser explains why in her book “Write it down, Make it Happen”)
3. Instant physiology changes that over time, replace ineffective habits with healthier ones.
4. Enhanced mindfulness (staying present by paying attention in a particular way, without judgement)
5. Instant stress reduction, increased feel good energy and possibility thinking
The lists don’t take long, and when the “DO Want List” is read daily, with feeling, you begin more and more to engage both willpower and commitment to “Take Your Stand” for your best life. Soon, wanting is replaced with having and your new, healthier mindset is in the driver’s seat of your life.
What is your “Old Story” and what is the “New Story” you choose to replace it with?
It’s good to write this out too in a couple of sentences or short paragraph; review it regularly and acknowledge your progress… it all starts with baby steps.
Use “in-process” statements like “I am in the process of trusting myself more more and I love it!” to help bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be. Soon, something very beautiful and wonderful begins to happen… empowerment is here immediately. Negative thinking is transformed to peace and joy here now, because this is an “Inner Experience,” not dependent on what happens “out there.” No more waiting…. peace, power, effective thinking and inspired, authentic action are here now because you took the time to engage in personal discovery and self development… all with two very simple lists. Again, the benefits of this very simple exercise are huge; internal mastery replaces control or attachment to things needing to be a certain way “out there.” We become responsible and accountable for our choices. We become more intimate with our true nature and will settle for nothing less than being in integrity with that.
If you enjoyed this blog, we invite you to experiment with your don’t/do want lists and share the results with us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and your name will be entered for a complimentary introductory Intuitive Mentoring session with Personal and Business Intuitive and Coach, Cheryl Ann Brewster.
About Cheryl Ann Brewster:
Cheryl left the corporate world to follow a “calling,” that challenged her at every level possible… she knows what it takes to trust the Self amid deep uncertainty and profound change. She consults with entrepreneurs and business, provides individual coaching and mentoring and is a popular speaker on reducing stress, managing change and personal effectiveness in life and business. To be included in her email updates, sign up for your free bonus report on her homepage, and also for her “Daily Inspiration” at TheIntuitiveLife.com